Recently I was discussing donation pages with one of our customers and we touched on what helps make one Donation Page better than others.
Based on our discussions and research did you know:
- 8 out of 10 donation pages are not mobile friendly – that equates to 84% of charities across Australia
- It takes someone 6 seconds to make a decision
- In 2013, 50% of PayPal donations came from Australia. I in 4 were mobile donations
That is some interesting statistics. How many times has someone been to your donation page and left within 6 seconds because it is too hard? I know I have personally done that.
So what can you do to change this? Here are 5 simple ideas that can make a big difference:
- Less is more – keep to one page and giving too many options on your donation page can backfire
- Make it easy – think from the donors perspective, make sure it is mobile responsive (76% people open emails on phone)
- Chunk the content – use a wizard format to ensure you get the detail you need but keep it simple at the same time
- Be safe – ensure you can demonstrate that you are PCI compliant and have measures in place for spam/phishing attacks
- Be grateful – don’t start your thank you page with “Thank You”. Acknowledge your donors and what can be achieved because of their donations and support.
Lastly, don’t forget we live in a connected and engaged world. Ensure your supporters can share on Social Media and you stay connected with them on whichever channel they choose.
The above may seem like simple ideas but they will ensure you are engaged with your supporters and delivering the best experience that will encourage donations and engaged supporters.
Going to the FIA conference in Melbourne? Drop by the Salesforce.Org Zone Stand (28) at the FIA conference and let’s have a chat about how we can help optimise your donations page and process or say hello via email or phone 02 8090 1478.