Hands up if this is you. You love your job but spend your days swamped in spreadsheets, emails, post it notes and several systems that may not talk to each other. You are constantly asking “Why can’t things be simpler?” or “Why do I need to do these things which are stopping me doing my real job?” or “I hate needing to do the same thing in 3 different places”.
All the above can be resolved with time and money but when you’re a Not For Profit it means you need to focus on your organisation’s core requirements and some things get left behind.
Well the good news is your systems don’t need to be left behind any longer. What could you do if you had access to the leading CRM platform and could use this to manage your organisation and remove manual processes from your day to day working life? Implementing Salesforce is the first step towards achieving this.
One of the strengths of Salesforce is that about 80% of the configuration is carried out in using Point and Click – not code. This is a huge benefit for NFP’s as it means you can maintain and build our new processes easily without the need to engage a developer which in turn saves you money and time.
But you are asking “Where do I start?”. Well firstly if you haven’t applied for the Salesforce.com Foundation grant you need to go and complete the forms immediately. You will receive a grant covering the cost, for life, of the first 10 licenses and a significant discount for any further licenses.
The next thing you need to consider is how Salesforce can be used in your organisation. There are a range of Apps, think products, available on the Salesforce appExchange that will allow you to customise your Salesforce instance for your organisation.
The first app to consider is the Nonprofit Starter Pack. The Nonprofit Starter Pack is a group of five packages built by the Salesforce.com Foundation that can be installed on the Salesforce CRM platform.
Just think of Salesforce as a way to store loads of information about individuals, and the Nonprofit Starter Pack as a way to make each interaction with them more relevant to Not for Profit organisations by storing unique information on donors, members and more. The standard Salesforce.com platform (CRM) is designed to focus on business-to-business type organisations and not individuals which is not relevant for many Not for Profit organisations.
The Nonprofit Starter Pack configures Salesforce.com by customising the existing data model and adding extra functionality to focus on the needs of Not for Profit organisations. The Nonprofit starter pack is an essential way to get off the ground for many Not for Profit organisations. Each of the modules can be installed from the Salesforce appExchange.
Salesforce Non Profit Starter Pack
What is included in the NonProfit Starter Pack?
- Contacts & Organisations – Allows you to capture and record Individuals instead of Accounts and Contacts. This allows for donations to be captured against each individual’s record.
- Householding - Allows for contacts to be grouped by their household, allowing you to see the household phone number and address details making mail-outs easy.This helps drive your segmentation and marketing focus across your database.
- Affiliations – Allows you to track the relationships between contacts and organisations. This is a fantastic tool to allow you to see see employment histories and relationships with other organisations and people. You can now start seeing who your influencers are and who they interact with.
- Relationships - Allows two contacts to be connected to show their current relationship status.
- Recurring Donations – The name of the game is recurring donations and this module allows for scheduled donations to be created quickly from an Account or Contact, allowing you to see forecasting of donations.
All the above leverages the standard Salesforce functionalities which means you are getting the best platform with the best tools. There are several other apps and tools we recommend that will extend the use of Salesforce and enable you to run your operational activities on the Salesforce Platform.
If you want to know more we will be running a Webinars each month on how the Nonprofit starter pack can be used. This is a great way to understand how you can utilise Salesforce and the Starter Pack in your organisation. If you are interested then please sign up here.
We can also assist in setting up Salesforce for your organisation and we have a Quick Start offer that will enable you and your team to commence using Salesforce within weeks. Contact us if you want to know more.
And one last thing. The Salesforce Community is another strong reason to consider Salesforce as your solution. From the online success community to local user groups, including Not For Profit user groups, there is someone out there who can help you resolve any question you may have. So please make sure you join your local Salesforce Nonprofit Usergroup to learn more about how you can get the most from Salesforce and the Nonprofit Starter Pack.