FUNDRAISING EVENTS MADE SIMPLE
New mobile app in action at a fundraising event
SCHF team after a successful fundraiser night
Project: Integration of a mobile fundraising app with Salesforce
Client: Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation
The Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, is a very special place. Every day around the clock, their brilliant and dedicated staff save lives, deliver expert medical care and help children and families on their recovery journey, while their brightest medical researchers look for answers and make new discoveries.
Thanks to the generous support of their donors, Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation provides vital financial contributions to meet the Hospital’s most urgent needs and improve the health and well-being of our children through clinical care, research, education and advocacy.
The Hospital cares for more than 61,500 seriously ill and injured children every year, but as our population continues to grow, the demand for world-class medical care will increase, and more children will need our help.
Morphate has been working with SCHF for nearly 2 years, building out a fundraising and event-specific Salesforce instance to increase their efficiency, data accuracy, and drive fundraising growth. As a true partnership, we have now worked together on several additional Salesforce projects for them, implementing an automated marketing solution, events function, and most recently, this mobile app project.
SCHF commissioned changes to a newly acquired mobile fundraising app used to support fundraising events. The key goals for the client were to improve the app’s usability in searching and selecting donor records, providing access to the app via a secure community portal and supporting both credit card and cash transaction donations from their constituents.
SCHF also wanted the app to reduce their receipt generation workload that typically occurred after each of these events.
- Create a unique Salesforce Portal log-in for each community user, used to identify total count and value of transactions at sales individual event
- Each cash donation can be traced back to an individual fundraising user from a particular event
- Ensure each user only has access to Mobile Gift visual force page when logged into Salesforce
- Add the ability to capture cash payments to the existing ability to capture credit card payments from the mobile gift visual force page
- Create the ability to generate receipts emails on submission of payment/donation
On entering donor information, the app needed to integrate with Salesforce to:
- Find or create a donor
- Enter donation into specific campaign
- Allow multiple payment methods
- Add to the transaction feed for that Salesforce contact or account record
- Ensure there are no duplicate records
- Record the donor’s newsletter preference
Following requirements gathering workshops and an analysis of the app SCHF had purchased, Morphate provided a solution through the following steps:
- Utilised Salesforce Customer Communities
- Code modifications to an existing donation framework
- Implement Community portal
- Create portal users
- Create Automation to update fields and send an outbound message upon successful donation
- Developed robust contact & organisation search to minimise duplicate creation
SCHF first used the new Mobile App at an innovative fundraiser in Sydney’s iconic Argyle Hotel in the Rocks. The event was a huge success, with many new donors and contacts entering SCHF’s database. Purchasing tickets, paying for auction items; buying raffle tickets or making a donation on the night was a simple process using the Mobile Gift App.
“The App meant a better experience at the event for our donors. Instead of having to provide their details every time they wished to
purchase something or donate, the app allowed our sales staff to search our database, find them and add the sale/donation to their record instantly. We were also able to clarify their communication preferences ensuring we are keeping our donors informed to the level that they wish. New donors were set up quickly and easily by entering a name, email and phone. Receipts were sent within minutes of the successful payment to each donor.
As the transactions were entered straight into Salesforce via the App, we could run a report and easily identify which of the sales staff were performing best on the night and redirect them to sell in areas that were not performing as well. Post the event is where we saw the real savings. There was no data entry, there were no receipts to print and post, so we could focus our attention on thanking our donors and ensuring they stay engaged rather than processing transactions and receipts.
We estimate that in 2017, we will save 1-2 days each event in staffing hours, and improve the donor experience as there will be no delays in receipting. We can focus on the thank you process rather than transactional processes.”
Jo Price, Head of IT Systems at SCHF
Need help with your next Salesforce project?
…reach out for an obligation free consultation.